Sector: Resources and Remote site
Brine water is a part of SANTOS’ operation and is costly to dispose and transport. It is crucial to process brine water to improve environmental compatibility and reduce disposal cost.
Tricomms Construction has designed a trial VSEP process plant capable in concentrating the brine water and produce fresh water for operation purposes.
VSEP Desalination Treatment Plant
- Brine is drawn from a water tank and passes through two cartridge filters to remove larger particles before water is sent into the VSEP shakers
- The VSEP shakers concentrates the brine and feeds permeate to the permeate tank.
- Water chlorination is provided to kill certain bacteria and other microbes
- Remote monitoring has been fitted to enable ongoing system assessment by qualified Tricomms Construction’s technicians. It’s like having your own technician onsite.
- Up to L/d of treated construction water available for operation
- Environmental compliance
- Optimised site water management and efficiency